Online Measurements are never easy and neither are their solutions. To find the best analyser for this task please compare.
- Reagents are proprietary made for online measurement technology. While in laboratory dangerous and toxic chemicals are no issue, you have to prevent the risk in operation. The risk management plan in drinking water plants will be huge! In online measurement you can use very easy information from kinetics behaviour (speed of colour complex forming), what is not possible in laboratory. This is the reason, why you have to develop reagents for online measurements differently.
- Flow trough operation. Lesser problems with fouling. Important features by continuous flow through design: automated dilution when concentration measured exceeds measurement range, bubble detection as indication for missing solutions, colour complex kinetics (speed of complexation) can be used for concentration calculation.
- All analysers can do Standard Addition and Multiple Standard Addition. While cracking in online analysis will not and can’t work at all, standard addition is an ideal method to calculate the amount of total heavy metal.
- All parts in contact with sample are PTFE and PFA. Of course connectors are screw type and not lousy loose push type!
- No valves at all! Because of higher operational reliability, low costs of operation and it’s easy to explain to any client this advantage!
- Mixture of sample and reagents is done by static mixer in flow through operation. Magnetic stirrers belong to laboratory equipment, exclusively!
This is the reason why we first set up design rules and then we developed the analyser. Simple mechanics for low maintenance but complex electronics and easy to use software make them affordable but very reliable. The use of colorimetric technology guarantees accurate results.